Applied Solid State Chemistry publishes papers on all aspects of fundamental and applied solid state chemistry. The journal is naturally broad in scope, welcomes submissions from across a range of disciplines, and reports both theoretical and experimental studies.
Subject areas include (but are by no means limited to):
- Chemical bonds in solids
- Crystal chemistry and structural studies
- Synthesis of new inorganic and organic compounds
- Materials Science
- Processes of high pressure
- Magnetic and ferroelectric properties of materials
- Optical characteristics of materials
- Phase equilibria and state diagrams
- Surface reactions
- Mechanisms of crystal growth
- Defects and methods of their investigation
- Thermodynamic and thermophysical properties
As well as original research, Applied Solid State Chemistry also publishes focused review articles that examine the state of the art, identify emerging trends, and suggest future directions for developing fields.